Would you like to join us? Call open for a Junior Research Engineer to work in our research group at BSC-CNS . Our research group is working on Supercomputing for Artificial Intelligence, in particular right now with a special focus on Deep Learning. In this context, we have some projects with big companies. The open position will be assigned to one of these projects. The candidate will participate in this project and also in other ongoing exploratory research projects that are going on in our research group.
Deadline The vacancy will remain open until a suitable candidate has been hired. Applications will be regularly reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted. Do you need more information? You can contact me at jordi.torres @ bsc.es. I will be happy to give more details about the position.
- Implementation of Deep Neural Netwoks training processes on TensorFlow/Keras
- Managing workloads on HPC facilities, especially on a BSC-CNS GPU cluster in the process of training the DL models.
- Write the related documentation of this activity
- Improve the performance of the Deep Learning models deployment
- Attend meeting at client offices (Barcelona area) in order to help their development team to put in production the results of the innovation collaboration
- BCs/MSc in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Tentatively we could also consider a candidate who is finishing the final project.
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Demonstrable good computing skills in Python programming language.
- Demonstrable basic knowledge in Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- Basics knowledge in the use of Deep Learning frameworks as TensorFlow.
- Demonstrable knowledge of today computing infrastructure and specifically about GPUs.
- Proficiency knowledge in Unix OS.
- We will consider as a plus knowledge about performance monitoring tools.
- Demonstrate self-learning capacity
- Fluency in English essential: regular written and spoken communication in English will be required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Sciences Department
- We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, full support to the relocation procedures
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: ASAP
Applications Procedure All applications must include:
- A motivation letter with a statement of interest, including two contacts for further references
- A full CV including contact details
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment BSC-CNS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law. The application form can be found here:
About BSC-CNS The Barcelona Supercomputing Center – Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth, and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 500 staff from 44 countries.